REDUCES AND PREVENTS EYESTRAIN
Comfortable vision throughout the day
Look through any part of the lens to see clearly
High resolution vision across the whole lens
OPTIMISED FOR DIGITAL DEVICES
Supports visual efforts when using digital devices
ENHANCED SINGLE VISION LENSES
- Sharp vision
- Comfortable vision
- Designed for modern life
- Optimised for digital screens
- Reduces and prevents eyestrain
LOOKING AT A SCREEN ALL DAY CAN LEAD TO EYE FATIGUE
DID YOU KNOW?
Our eyes are not naturally fit for the digital age: after only 20 minutes of looking at objects nearby(1), our visual ability weakens and we can experience eyestrain, headaches, blurriness and neck pains. (2) Whether you spend 3 hours or up to 12 hours per day on devices, your digital life has an impact on your vision(3).
Digital devices are shaping the way we live. They allow us to learn, work, play, socialise and even more! This connected life creates new visual and behavioural standards and we need lenses to support us. Using screens can be hard on your eyes as they have to switch from variable distances and read pixelated characters. Smartphone screens can even refresh 60 times a second and your eyes constantly have to refocus each time. Eyezen is a single vision corrective lens design. It delivers sharper vision than ordinary single vision lenses and helps prevent and reduce eyestrain. Eyezen lenses can correct myopia, hypermetropia and astigmatism, even if you don’t have a prescription you can still benefit from Eyezen lenses for your daily digital screen usage.
BLUE LIGHT FILTERING
Light is fundamental to our sight and overall well-being. It allows us to see shapes, details and colours as well as regulating our sleep/wake cycle. Different waves lengths of light can also cause premature eye ageing, such as Ultraviolet and Blue-Violet light(4). Eye Protect System is a unique filtering system that can be embedded into Eyezen lenses to create Blue-Violet light filtering glasses.
Eyezen lenses are specifically designed to meet today’s visual requirements. Thanks to its enhanced design, these single vision lenses can support you when you’re working, socialising or gaming on your phone, computer or games console. Continue to do what you enjoy with sharp, comfortable vision(1).
NO PRESCRIPTION? YOU CAN STILL BENEFIT.
If you do not require a prescription, you can still take advantage of Eyezen. Keep your focus(1) with Eyezen by preventing and reducing eyestrain when using digital devices. Wearing Eyezen lenses also means you get to wear those cool frames you've always wanted.
Eyezen lenses are the result of rigorous wearer test and innovative technology optimised for modern life.
EYEZEN FOCUS AND DUALOPTIM TECHNOLOGY
A complete range of single vision lenses optimised for your every day needs. Eyezen lenses are enhanced to meet today’s visual requirements and have been adapted to help support visual efforts when using digital devices.
MAKE YOUR VISION PERSONAL
Your prescription is just the start! Your Eyezen lenses can be modified to include the physiological shape of your eye.
This is made possible by a unique measurement process developed by Essilor.
WHY PERSONALISE YOUR LENSES?
This level of personalisation will make sure that your Eyezen lenses are made for more than just your prescription and also for your unique visual needs and requirements to ensure that you have the best eyesight correction. See all the fine details in life with personalised Eyezen lenses.
WE'RE COMMITTED TO TESTING THE BENEFITS
We conduct systematic wearer tests to guarantee proof of benefits
wearers satisfied with their visual comfort when looking at a digital screen
wearers experience comfortable vision when using a smartphone
wearers said their ability to read small fonts improved
(1) Eyezen 0.4 lenses help reduce eyestrain by compensating accommodative power drop during at least 20 minutes of near work. Chi & Lin (1998), a comparison of seven visual fatigue assessment techniques in three data acquisition task. Human Factors, 40 (4), 577-590.
(2) Eyestrain, headaches and neck pains - Consumer quantitative study - 4000 individuals - US, Fr, Br & CH – Independent Institute – 2014.Blurriness - Sheppard AL, Wolffsohn JS. Digital eye strain: prevalence, measurement and amelioration. BMJ Open Ophthalmology 2018.
(3) Paillé, D., Impact of new digital technologies on posture, Points de Vue,International Review of Ophthalmic Optics, N72, Autumn 2015
(4) McCarty CA, Taylor HR. A review of the epidemiologic evidence linking ultraviolet radiation and cataracts. Dev Ophthalmol. 2002; 35:21-31. Sunlight and the 10-year incidence of age-related maculopathy: The Beaver Dam Eye Study. Arch. Ophthalmol., 122, 750-757. New discoveries and therapies in retinal phototoxicity, Serge Picaud et Emilie Arnault, Points de Vue N°68, Spring 2013.
* 91% wearers were satisfied with their visual comfort when looking at a digital screen. 91% wearers experience comfortable vision when using a smartphone. 95% wearers said their ability to read small fonts improved. - B. de Larrard, The new range of Eyezen™ lenses: what are the benefits perceived by wearers during screen use?, Points de Vue, International Review of Ophthalmic Optics, N72, Autumn 2015.