BLUE-VIOLET LIGHT FILTERING (1)
Filters blue-violet light
ENHANCES COLOUR PERCEPTION
For optimal visual performance
TINTS WITH LIGHT
Clear lenses indoors and tinted lenses when out in the sun
IMPROVES VISUAL COMFORT INDOORS
Subtle indoor tint that attenuates the harshness of modern lighting
Tinted lenses in the sun for comfortable vision
Protects your eyes from UVA and UVB rays
ACTIVATES IN THE CAR
Lenses activate with sunlight even when you're in the car
LENSES THAT GO EXTRA DARK
- Go extra dark when fully activated
- Adapt to changing light conditions
- Activates even in the car
- Reduces glare
- Comfortable vision
- Available in 3 iconic colours
CHOOSE YOUR COLOUR
Match your frame with one of Transitions three XTRActive colours. Each colour offers different colour perception benefits.
VISUAL COMFORT WHEN DRIVING
Standard photochromic lenses activate when exposed to UV. Modern windscreens block UV light. Transitions XTRActive lenses darken behind the windscreen of a car because of the unique technology they have, which responds to visible light, as well as UV, to protect your eyes from glare and sunlight while driving.
EVERYDAY EYE CARE
Light is essential for our vision and our overall well-being. Part of the light spectrum that enters our eyes can be a contributing factor of eye diseases such as cataracts and AMD(2). Transitions technology blocks 100% UVA and UVB light rays and filters Blue-Violet light (1) indoors from modern light sources, and outdoors from the sun. Your new Transitions lenses will help contribute to your overall eye health.
HINT OF A TINT
Transitions XTRActive lenses come with a subtle hint of a tint so your eyes are protected from harsh lighting, perfect if you suffer from light-sensitivity, or if you’re just looking for a more comfortable pair of lenses.
WE'RE COMMITTED TO TESTING THE BENEFITS
We conduct systematic wearer tests to guarantee proof of the performance of our products
of wearers are satisfied with their Transitions lenses
photochromic brand recommended by eye care professionals
(1) Blue-violet light is between 400 and 455nm as stated by ISO TR 20772:2018.(2) McCarty CA, Taylor HR. A review of the epidemiologic evidence linking ultraviolet radiation and cataracts. Dev Ophthalmol. 2002; 35:21-31. Sunlight and the 10-year incidence of age-related maculopathy: The Beaver Dam Eye Study. Arch. Ophthalmol., 122, 750-757. New discoveries and therapies in retinal phototoxicity, Serge Picaud et Emilie Arnault, Points de Vue N°68, Spring 2013.
* 88% of wearers are satisfied with their Transitions lenses. Source: Essilor consumer brands tracking (MSW - ARS 2017)
** Transitions lenses are the brand of photochromic lenses most often recommended by eyecare professionals. Transitions Eyecare Professional Brand Tracking (MSW-ARS, 2016: Brazil, Canada, Colombia, France, Germany, Italy, Mexico, Spain, United Kingdom, and United States)