Repels dust particles for clearer vision and easy to clean lenses
Repels bothersome smudges for visual clarity and easy to clean lenses
Ensuring clear vision, guaranteed for 2 years (1)
Protects your eyes from UVA and UVB rays
Repels water droplets so your lenses stay clear
Less reflections for clarity of vision and improved aesthetics
HELPING YOU THINK ABOUT THE LONG TERM
- UV protection
- Blue-Violet light filtering
- Clear lenses
- Easy to clean lenses
- Scratch resistant
- Robust lenses
LIGHT IS EVERYWHERE
Most of the visible light spectrum is essential for our vision and overall well-being. Its helps us see and regulates our cognitive performance. However, the part of the light spectrum made up of UV and Blue-Violet light can be the cause of premature eye ageing(3). Crizal Prevencia provides blue - violet light filtering (4)whilst preserving your overall well-being.
Your lenses face a lot every day. Smudges from your natural oils, water droplets from the change in the weather and the potential risk of scratches, all of which can impact the clarity of your lenses and in turn your vision. Crizal Prevencia is enhanced to be repellent and resistant to scratches, water, smudges and dust meaning your lenses are protected from the everyday enemies of clear vision.
BLUE VIOLET LIGHT FILTRATION
Crizal Prevencia selectively filters out UV and Blue-Violet light. By reducing Blue-Violet exposure, Crizal Prevencia helps supports retinal cell survival(1). Crizal Prevencia blocks UV rays from passing through the front of the lens and prevents UV rays from reflecting off of the back of your lens into your eye, resulting in an E-SPF rating of 35, the highest E-SPF index on a clear lens for optimal UV protection(5).
WE'RE COMMITTED TO TESTING THE BENEFITS.
We conduct systematic wearer tests to guarantee proof of the performance of our products
tested and rated Essilor lenses in real life conditions
tested Essilor spectacle lenses
on Essilor lenses conducted with consumers
(1) Crizal Prevencia coating filters 20% of blue-violet light (between 400-455 nm as stated by ISO TR 20772:2018).
(2) Crizal scratch guarantee - terms and conditions apply, contact your optician for more information.
(3) McCarty CA, Taylor HR. A review of the epidemiologic evidence. linking ultraviolet radiation and cataracts. Dev Ophthalmol. 2002; 35:21-31.Sunlight and the 10-year incidence of age-related maculopathy: The Beaver Dam Eye Study. Arch. Ophthalmol., 122, 750-757.New discoveries and therapies in retinal phototoxicity, Serge Picaud et Emilie Arnault, Points de Vue N°68, Spring 2013.
(4) Blue-violet light is between 400 and 455nm as stated by ISO TR 20772:2018.
(5) The E-SPF® index depends on the lens material itself and the coating. E-SPF® is a global index rating the overall UV protection of a lens. E-SPF® was developed by Essilor International and endorsed by 3rd party experts. Lens performance only. The E-SPF® index excludes direct eye exposure that depends on external factors (wearer’s morphology, frame shape, position of wear). E-SPF®=10 for Crizal® Prevencia lenses with Essilor Orma 1.5®.